Matthew Austin is a theatre producer with a background in marketing. From 2012 until 2017, Matthew was a course tutor on UK Theatre’s flagship residential course The Essentials of Marketing. He is co-director of MAYK, a producing company in Bristol best-known for the city’s biennial festival Mayfest. As a marketer he has worked with Bristol Old Vic, Fuel, Spike Island, Tobacco Factory Theatres, Wales Millennium Centre, HighTide and many more. He is on the board of Camden People’s Theatre.
The session will cover…
- Setting marketing objectives based on overarching creative/business aims and objectives
- Writing and structuring a marketing plan
- Understanding data (Audience Finder, ShowStats and other data sources) and your target audiences
- How visual identity, branding and imagery can be tailored to a different audience
- Press & PR
- Monitoring and evaluation
Who is this for?
This session is ideal for theatre-makers of all levels. If you are a theatre marketer with specific questions, please provide these in advance or request a one-to-one with Mathew. You don’t have to be a Cultivator client to attend this session but you need to be working in Cornwall in the creative industries.
How to book…
You must book your place on this course through Eventbrite